I finally paid some really important bills and I feel indescribable relief. My loved ones would say that they are proud of me, but I say I did what most people would have done two months ago. Thus is the story of my life: A string of half-finished projects, unpaid bills and lose ends whizzing by in a crazy, tie-died parallel universe known as my head (which I will refer to as "Mamala"). Mamala is a Trickster figure in Hawaiian legend who embodies both the ability to appear as a gentle beautiful woman, as well as an evil lizard. I liken my thoughts/identity/persona to a trickster figure based on the idea that tricksters, similar to the Coyote character in Native American mythology, possess god-like qualities while at the same time causing both destructive and productive events. My "head" (Mamala) sometimes takes me to wonderful places as a strong beautiful woman, while it also pushes me toward dark cold-blooded lizardly places. I especially like this analogy because tricksters tend to just find themselves causing trouble and/or accidentally helping a situation.
Im off to explore making a myspace page and downloading AIM onto my laptop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment